About Design Ventura?
Design Ventura challenges students in years 9, 10 and 11 to design a new product for the design museum shop.
Design Ventura, the Design Museum's flagship learning project, provides students with the opportunity to develop design thinking, creative and business capabilities and employability skills. The project has been run since 2010 in partnership with Deutsche Bank as part of the bank's youth engagement programme, Born to Be, and has seen over 36,000 students in 588 schools participate.
Teachers are supported with training and resources to develop their own professional practice and to run the project in school with the support of design and business industry experts.
Students, working in teams, are asked to consider the whole process of design, from initial ideas to manufacturing and budgets to marketing and branding.
The top ten teams are invited to a pitching event at the Design Museum and the winning team, announced at the Celebration Event, go on to work with a professional design team to develop their idea and see it on sale in the Design Museum Shop.
Support and benefits for registered schools:
- free teacher CPD sessions, including regional and live online sessions for 2016-17, with pathways to Goldsmiths College MA in Design Education
- free workshops supported by design and industry professionals
- online resources, including workshop plans, film and step through process
- flexible project structure that can be
- can be run as a STEM/STEAM project
- support from the Design Museum team
- all participating students receive certificates
- the top ten ideas are displayed in a public exhibition at the Design Museum
Who can take part?
- students in years 9, 10 and 11
- UK state schools
- minimum of 4 students per school, no maximum
- D&T, A&D, Business & Enterprise Students and related creative subjects
- the project can be run in curriculum lessons, as an extra curricular activity or as an off timetable day
- Independent and international schools are welcome to participate in the project but we are unable to offer free workshops and they will compete for a separate prize. For more details please contact the Ventura team.
August – September
Regional and online CPD for teachers
September – November
Ventura project live for students
Deadline for competition entries
Ventura Awards Event and exhibition
For more information contact email@example.com